Good morning folks, so by now, those of you visiting Love My Dress on a regular basis should be aware that last month, we established a brand new blog, A Life Loved.
We launched on 10th December and the response has been so much more than any of us could have hoped for. We had a meeting yesterday to refine our many plans for our beautiful new lifestyle blog (the purpose and ethos of which you can read about here, and through my welcome post) and figured you guys might find it helpful to have a little round-up of our latest posts, once a week, here on Love My Dress.
In the short time we’ve been blogging, we’ve already shared 75 features that cover everything in our 6 main categories; real life, enjoyable life, healthy life, home life, family life and stylish life – and you can explore all published features via these links, or via this ‘All Posts‘ link, which displays all features in chronological, published date order. Below however, are some of the features we think you might like to know about – we frankly love all the posts and encourage you to explore the full archive if you have time.
- Building The Dream, Chapter 1: Laying the foundations – author and wedding planning entrepreneur Helaina Storey will be sharing a series of posts documenting her family’s experience of building their own home. We love Helaina’s honest, no b-s and witty style of writing.
- Harwood & Rose – The Life of an Interiors Obsessed, Work From Home Mammy (Part 1) – we first fell in love with author Claire and her amazing home via Instagram, and we love how she’s brought her good humour and wit to our new blog.
- How One Moment Changed My Life Forever – our most read-feature to date, written by the incredibly brave Minty Roper, who discovered she had Multiple Sclerosis last year – just 3 days prior to her wedding.
- And Then The Rains Came – written by my sister and fellow A Life Loved team member, Camilla – a moving account of the impact that the 2015 Storm Desmond floods had on her family home.
- Why I Chose to Homeschool My 13 Year Old Daughter – Author Camilla talks about removing her daughter from the mainstream schooling system to teach her at home.
- When You Have A Special Child and It’s More Than OK – a beautiful, 2-part account of how Sara and her family discovered their daughter had Williams Syndrome.
- Seven Ways to Improve Your Wellbeing in Winter – Author Lizzie Jones will be sharing a series of holistic self-care features in the coming months.
- Celebrating You This January – Professional Yoga instructor Sara will be sharing monthly features on how to incorporate yoga and meditation into your lifestyle
- What Being Vegan Means To Me – An excellently researched and honestly written essay.
- A Kitchen Spring Clean – this piece focuses on kitting out your kitchen cupboards and includes one of Kate’s briliant recipes.
- Lessons Learned From a Five Year Renovation Project – some excellent before and after shots following a successful home renovation project.
- Scrumbles Cottage: Building our Family Home in the New Forest – Author Kate Moerel documents how her family are fulfilling their dream of creating their home in the New Forest.
- Me and Mine – a heartfelt essay on motherhood from mother of two, Sarah.
- Dear Google: Single Parenting, Online Dating and Pink Air Max Trainers – one of our first ever shared features which helped set the tone for the honest, from-the-heart style of writing we want to champion on A Life Loved.
- A Winter Skincare Survival Guide – a piece packed full of tried and tested product recommendations and practical advice to help you be kind to your skin this winter
- 5 Minutes Makeup Magic – We’ll be sharing regular beauty features here on Love My Dress, with contributors including professional makeup artists and regular readers who are passionate about makeup and beauty products.
- Creature Comforts: The Ethics of Keeping Pets – Author Alice talks about responsible pet ownership.
- Human Beings and Exercise – Clare V.Kent shares a deeply personal account of how grief and loss affected her life.
- Nostalgia – a lovely thoughtful piece on the meaning of and value of nostalgia in our lives
- Why Don’t We Talk About Periods? An honest an absolutely no b-s thought piece with a focus on de-shaming the secret world of womanhood.
- Be More Danish! The lovely and laid back Anna MacDougall relocated from Surrey to Copenhagen last year. She tells us why and will be sharing her experiences of life in her stylish new Scandi town.
- Big Little Trip: A Mother Daughter Travel Adventure -Lisa has spent almost a decade juggling her career as a television producer with single motherhood, she is now taking a year out to go backpacking around south and central America with her nine-year-old daughter, Lily.
- New Year, New Me, New Sustainable Lifestyle – Author Becky Dallimore will be sharing a series of pieces focussing on sustainability and how we can incorporate it into our daily lives in practical ways.
- Plastic Pollution – Author Clare V. Kent shares how a holiday in The Philippines highlighted our global crisis.
- Seven Days: Ditching Bad Habits for Healthy Routine – I wrote this after the first week in January when I had time to reflect on the terrible I’d gotten myself into in 2017. It details the changes I’ll be making this year to avoid falling into the same trap.
- We’re Trying For A Baby – practical advice from Dr Aisha Davis. You might also want to read this anonymous and deeply moving post entitled, ‘Please don’t ask me why we don’t have kids‘.
- Scruffy Entertaining – a humorous take on entertaining with a little ‘e’
- A Case For The Private Love Letter – a beautiful thought provoking piece on the value of handwritten notes of love
We hope you love the content so far and won’t mind us posting here once a week to keep you up to date with all our freshly published features.
Fear not brides – our first real wedding post will be published shortly.
Love Annabel x