Love My Dress® welcomes submissions from wedding photographers, industry suppliers and newlywed brides. We are constantly on the look out for weddings or styled shoots that we know will inspire our readers and that make a good fit with the glamorous and elegant aesthetic we adore. We love clean, crisp, natural light photography and images that capture emotion and love. We also love images that capture all the little detail, but detail really isn’t the be and end all – we’ll often share weddings where ‘detail’ was very low on the agenda.
Above all else, we just want to share images that we know will inspire and make a good connection with our readers.
- In the first instance, please submit up to 40 images via straight-forward email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a brief introductory paragraph about the wedding or photoshoot etc – just a few words that will enable us to get a feel for the occasion (names, date, location and the overall ‘vibe’ of the day) and some basic supplier details – it is super useful for us to know who the dress supplier was in particular. At this early submission stage, please do not send high res/large images or zip files, as they may clog up our mailbox – please only send images via email attachment and not a service like Dropbox or Wetransfer or by linking to a post on your own blog. Following these simple instructions will ensure a much quicker response on our part.
- You will receive feedback within 5 working days regardless of whether your submission has been accepted or not. If you don’t, please feel free to drop us a line on email@example.com. It may be that your submission accidentally landed up in our junk items folder (this rarely, but does occasionally happen). If your submission is accepted, you will be forwarded further instructions by email on how to get the full wedding submission over to us. Once we have received your full submission, you can expect to hear back from us within 5 days regarding a publication date.
- Images must contain no visible watermark, or borders. Please also try to avoid sending black and white images – colour images in a blog feature are much more sharable online and we try to avoid sharing black and white images in our blog features.
- Once received, submissions usually take between 6 and 10 weeks to be published. We always keep our schedule flexible so that we can fit weddings in at shorter notice than this, but obviously cannot accommodate all weddings in this way. Please note, that during busy times of the year, the wait may be longer (up to 14 weeks usually) but we do our very best to avoid and reduce such waiting times.
- We cannot accept content that has not been produced by a professional photographer or filmmaker.
- We cannot accept content that has been published to another wedding blog already – even if this wedding blog is located outside of the UK.
An Important Note Regarding Exclusivity
Please note that by allowing your work to be featured on Love My Dress, you agree not to submit the same images to appear via any other digital outlet other than your own website/blog (or that of the other suppliers involved) within 4 months of its publication on Love My Dress®.
Thanks for taking the time to check these submissions guidelines.
Leave a Comment!