In Part 2 we’re moving onto the Teepee tent.
Rose and Spade created floral designs that were natural and textured using foliage and flowers of the moment. The rustic wooden dining table was filled with an abundant runner of berries, foliage, hydrangeas, wooden candlesticks and log stumps to create a real sense of feasting. Hanging above the farmhouse table, a magical light-scape was created, with Papakata’s new Edison light canopy nestled into tumbling oak and beech.
The teepee, being a more intimate space, featured all the cosy comforts of Autumn. We wanted to really enhance that sense of cosseting and really play up the rustic warmth of the space with low lighting, log fires and abundant harvest-like styling.
Photography by Melissa Beattie
Whilst over the bar they created a truly wow-factor installation, a hoop of gently trailing form-free bracken that was locally foraged. Antique crates, pots of heather, branches of crab apples, gourds and mini pumpkins mingled with log stumps and candles galore throughout the space.
Speakeasy Libations created a custom cocktail packed with seasonal flavour – bacon smoked bourbon with maple syrup served in vintage glassware.
For the teepee Poppy Pickering created a modern rustic iced cake which was then decorated with fresh blooms and greenery to fit the vibe of the space. Whilst the hand-illustrated paper suite was created by Fiona at Plewsy, a Yorkshire designer and illustrator. Her designs featured seasonal leaf illustrations on eco-friendly papers, adding a whimsical touch to the overall design.
The unusual soft lace and bell-sleeves worked in perfect harmony with the setting. The styling team chose to tame her hair slightly, so as to not go overboard on the bohemian look and to really showcase the stunning back detail of the gown.
With a gentle nod to the rustic, nature inspired feel of the shoot, the final flourish was added to her hair – the unusual Ayla comb by Naturae Design, which is made of brass leaves.
Pocketful of Dreams are UK wedding styling and planning experts, creating authentic celebrations and considered gatherings. We create impeccably designed and flawlessly executed weddings, events and experiences. We are well-known as the go-to expert for Marquee Wedding Styling and Planning. See more of our work, or read our wedding planning advice and wedding styling ideas.
Credits & Thanks
- Photography - Melissa Beattie
- Teepee, Sperry Tents & Furnishings - PapaKåta
- Wedding Planner, Design & Styling - Pocketful of Dreams
- Venue - Escrick Park
- Floral Design in Sperry Tent - Lucy MacNicoll Floral Design
- Sperry Stationery - Bureau Design
- Floral design in the Teepee: Rose and Spade
- Teepee Stationery - Plewsy
- Cakes - Poppy Pickering
- Bridalwear - Ghost Orchid
- Model - Zara Syrett
- Hair and Make-up: Helena Betts at Just Lovely
- Crockery & Tableware throughout - White House Crockery
- Catering - The Hog & Apple Company
- Cocktails & bar supplier - Speakeasy Libations
- Photo Booth - Booth Revolution
- Acoustic Performance in the Teepees - Steven Heath
- Umbrellas - Brolly Buckets
- Fairylight curtain in Teepee - Marvellous Glow